Monday, February 10, 2020

Reading: Sita Sings the Blues

This reading was a refreshing and unique perspective of the Ramayana. I enjoyed the side story of Dave and Nina as well as how the narrators would argue about the plot of the story. The animations cracked me up. I really enjoyed the visual version of the story. I found a lot of differences between my envisionment of the characters and the movie's.

I also liked actually seeing the wise elder teach Rama and Sita's kids in the forest. I felt like the written version did not go into much depth. I liked seeing the parallel between the Ramayana and the story between Nina and Dave. It still makes me sad that after all the trouble, they still did not live happily ever after together.

Author: Nina Paley
Year: 2008


No comments:

Post a Comment