Friday, January 24, 2020

Biography: Squatting Struggles

Shortly before I left for a summer internship a couple years ago, I maxed out on squat with my lifting friends. I finally hit a personal goal of squatting 365 lbs. I then moved halfway across the country for my internship. I continued lifting throughout the summer and attempted 365 many times on squat to replicate my success. Every time I tried, I failed the lift. I could not understand why I couldn't do it again! The last week I was in D.C., I intentionally skipped legs for a week and then maxed out again. I was experimenting with my body. As I built up the weight, I ended up blowing up 355 lbs, which was the most I successfully lifted all summer. So I decided to skip 365 and put 375 lbs on the bar instead. I blew it up and set a new personal record!

Author's Note:
I wanted to tell a story about my summer internship in Washington D.C. and my struggles with strength training over that summer. I learned to give my body rest as it asks for it, and my body will return the favor!

No comments:

Post a Comment