Friday, January 17, 2020

Dan's Microfiction

Dribble: 
There once was a man. His name was Dan. He ran into a fan. He was taken away in a van. They did what they can. They were able to put him back together again. 

Drabble: 
Dan's job at FanCo was to test and inspect all the fans that were built for quality and effectiveness. He had to measure how hard the fans blew, and he had to test the durability of the blades. He always began with the air flow test. His anemometer was the most trusty tool in the business! When it was time to test durability, he stuck his screwdriver into the fans blades to see if they'd break. The blades caught his finger, and he was rushed to the hospital. The doctors were able to re-attach and save Dan's finger!

Author's note:
I have never done this before, but I enjoyed the process. I was able to make a concise story about Dan, but also make the shorter piece rhyme! I then followed it up with the longer story version. That way I could fill in the details I originally left to the reader's imagination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment