Friday, January 17, 2020

Feedback Thoughts

Why rejection hurts so much
This article drew my attention because I have been applying for a ton of jobs over the past few months and there is a lot of rejection. I definitely am critical of myself afterward and beat myself up if I said something stupid in an interview. Other times I wonder why I didn't even get response from a company. I like how this article describes the process of restoring your self-esteem. Reflecting on my skills and accomplishments would definitely make me feel better and restore confidence.

Why it's so hard to hear negative feedback
It truly fascinates me how our body draws a physiological response to anxiety. No one wants to tense up or shake when they get anxious, but it happens outside of our control. I like how the author addresses negative feedback deliver as well as reception. Don't sugarcoat feedback! Just give it to people strait and hope they are respectable enough to see that you want to help. I need to focus on treating feedback as opportunity instead of fearing it and taking it to heart.
React just like this cat from cheezburger when faced with feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment