Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Time Strategies

The Important Habit of Just Starting
This article title grabbed my attention because this is the hardest part for me when it comes to a big schoolwork assignment. Starting. My definition of starting: the hardest part of a project, and the thing I avoid doing on the majority of my projects but retroactively wish I did sooner. I felt like the author of this article spoke directly to me. I felt all the vocab he mentioned in the piece (ie. Impulsiveness, delay). I certainly know what they're talking about when he discusses the Zeigarnik Effect! I've experienced that while finishing any essay I've ever written! I need to just surround myself in a good environment and not worry so much about being perfect at the beginning of a project.

The Psychology of Checklists
Wow, if this doesn't describe the way I try to handle big assignments then I don't know what does. My friend and I were joking about our strategies to tackle big projects, and the use of checklists was the highlight of our conversation. I like to break up the large task into smaller sub tasks so that I feel successful as I check off each piece from my checklist. This strategy will help replenish motivation as you are in the process of completing a large task.




No comments:

Post a Comment