Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Famous Last Words: Starting the Semester

The hardest part of the semester, getting started. I always find it a bit difficult to get going at the start of the semester. Whether it is to start the weekly occurrence of homeworks or to get in the right study routine, I always think, "Do I really need to start that? It is still the first/second week of class." Most of the time it boils down to me just doing it. If I just give in and give up my winter break mood, then I can be productive. This was imperative to getting ahead of my classes. Fortunately this semester, I was able to get back on the grind early in week one. I kept up with all my classes and managed to get a week ahead in this class. It feels great to get things done quickly and stay on top of things. I really am enjoying this course so far. I am able to read and learn about fun topics I have zero prior knowledge on. The side topics are fun as well! I mean, last week I made a doge meme. What other classes can you make a meme for credit? That is awesome! I look forward to next week's reading and assignments. We will begin reading the Ramayana. The story about the ferocious battle of Lanka between Rama and Ravana. I am excited to learn more about the culture and about the characters. I also look forward to writing about these characters as well. Last week, I found that I did my best work during the late morning while eating lunch at the Union. I think I will try and replicate that same success this week while writing. So far, I have had a great start to the semester and have enjoyed the work in this class. Let's hope that continues to trend upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment