Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Week 2 Reading Overview

I have chosen to read  Narayana's Ramayana because of the modern language adaptation, and because it was written by a single author. Fortunately for me, a friend of mine has already taken this class and has offered to let me borrow her physical copy of the novel!

I am interested in reading Rama. I am interested in what takes place leading up to the great war with the demon king, Ravana.

I am also interested in reading Indra and Shachi. The summary discusses penance and righting wrongs, so I am curious to learn about the Indian perspective on justice.

I have chosen Rama's route to Lanka because I am most interested in the Ramayana at this moment.

I have also chosen Ancient Technology - Atlantis and India because Atlantis has always fascinated me, and I would like to learn about it from a different perspective.
Indra from the Indian Epics Images page

No comments:

Post a Comment