Friday, January 24, 2020

Feedback Strategies

What Kinds of Messages Help Kids Grow?  
I really like the concept of using specific feedback. Everyone knows that "Good job!" doesn't help kids learn, but we do it out of laziness sometimes. Using good job followed by something specific the child did seems like a great strategy I can implement into my life. I will also use the power of yet. Telling stories of resilience and telling kids they haven't tied their shoes "yet," is an excellent way to teach them to keep their head up and keep them determined to succeed.

How to Give Feedback Without Sounding Like a Jerk
Key pieces for feedback giving:

  • level with the audience
  • explain why a problem needs fixed
  • be honest and transparent with people
  • ask if they want feedback, no one ever resists (usually)
This article was very helpful for feedback in the workplace. One of my supervisors used these techniques and feedback for my work was always an easy process. I wasn't personally offended ever, and I knew she only wanted me to help me improve my work!

Feedback by geraldt

No comments:

Post a Comment