Friday, January 24, 2020

Famous Last Words: Week 3 Recap

I really enjoyed the reading for week three. Ever since we sampled some of the previous semesters' storybooks, I was anxious to read the Ramayana. I wanted to dive in and learn more about Hindu mythology. So far the Ramayana has not disappointed. I have only read parts A and B so far, but the story is very interesting. I am very excited to read about the epic Battle of Lanka. So far, I have followed Rama and his brother's journey of helping sages, exploring other kingdoms, and fighting many demons. I followed along as Rama won the heart of his princess, Sita. I have seen the beloved Rama betrayed by his father and cast to exile. I have witnessed the loyalty of Sita and his brother, Lakshmana. They have obtained celestial weapons and slayed many demons. They resisted the temptations of the forest, but trouble continues to find them. They crossed a few of the wrong rashakas. Ravana's plot to kidnap Sita worked to perfection, and now Rama and Lakshmana have to travel to Lanka to reunite Rama with his bride. I look forward to parts C and D, where I will finish the Ramayana and read about the epic Battle of Lanka. I was also able to read some stories from my classmates they wrote last week. It is always fun to read my peers' work. It is amazing what students just like me can create with their minds! It pushes me to continue to test my limits and write every opportunity I get. Hopefully, next week leads into a deeper dive of my project, and that research allows me to synthesize a quality piece. After reading the storybook projects from the previous semesters, I am excited and eager to start the storybook project of my own for this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment